Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.
|
|
February 3, 2017 | #46 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Mark, Thanks for the details. Will trial a number of varieties to see what meets the requirements. I am using your list as the place to start.
In the photo above: Does the single stem grow thicker than if two or several?? And I dont see supports for the trusses? The fruits look huge and likely to break off the main stem. |
February 3, 2017 | #47 | |
Tomatovillian™
|
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8L_x42RieA |
|
February 3, 2017 | #48 | |
Tomatovillian™
|
Quote:
|
|
February 3, 2017 | #49 | |
Tomatovillian™
|
Quote:
Im wondering if your selection over the years has been to account for those trusses. Yes labor is a big expense. Costs time and money. lol Need strong trusses, that dont need extra support. |
|
March 2, 2017 | #50 |
|
I don't know if you do other stuff besides tomatoes, but I found a sweet pepper that might perk anybody's interest: the Neapolitan pepper.
It looks like it's extremely productive, especially for the size of the peppers (4 x 2 inch fruits). The plants are said to be sturdy and compact. It's early (65 days). One plant can provide 30 to 40 mature fruits at a time. It's even open-pollinated. Read the reviews in the link, too (there are four reviews, all five-star, right now). Last edited by shule1; March 2, 2017 at 12:39 AM. |
August 15, 2017 | #51 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Thank you very much for the details Mark. My situation is not very diferent from yours. Im growing tomatoes for market in a high tunnel in Sweden. Mostly heirlooms. I am very interested in some of the varieties you grow and wonder if I could buy some seeds from you for next season.
|
|
|