Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old September 26, 2011   #121
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

I just got off the phone with Carol and she is still having computer problems. She will be in my area next Monday to attend a vegetable market called St. Martin Fair. I will be giving her a recondition computer to use. Hopefully she will be back here posting next week.
Dutch
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2011   #122
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I just got off the phone with Carol and she is still having computer problems. She will be in my area next Monday to attend a vegetable market called St. Martin Fair. I will be giving her a recondition computer to use. Hopefully she will be back here posting next week.
Dutch
I should add that she told me she is currently using an older (XP SP2) computer and is able to receive emails and process seed orders.
Dutch
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2011   #123
delltraveller
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the update, Dutch!
delltraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2011   #124
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Just a quick update.

Yup my new computer was almost working well when it crashed totally. This time it will turn on but then won't do ANYTHING at all, nothing.

I can sometimes get on-line with my old XP computer when I have a whole lot of patience. It takes about 5 min for it to load much of any program and seems to be able to only handle 1 thing at a time now.

I'm checking emails on only my main account and only about once / day on the days I'm home. With markets I'm not around the house much except when it's been raining.

I will try to get to some orders next week but I can't promise much right not as every time I do, something else seems to happen.

But I am so grateful to have the good friends I have here at TV. You understand about all the work. I was blown away by Dutch's offer to help me out with the computer issues too. It doesn't get better than everyone here.

Thanks all,
Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2011   #125
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I want to personally recommend Dutch to anyone that has a computer problem. He really helped me out with a nice tower much better than I could have hoped for. He's way more knowledgeable than I was even when I was more up on computer stuff than I am now. I do expect to pay him for any other work I have him do for me possibly fixing my other 2 computers. It will be worth it just not having to deal with all the mess of formatting and re-installing.

As I've been busy with the farm and markets, I haven't been able to totally get the new computer fully up yet. It's running well and all, I just haven't found all the files and programs I need for updating my web site and a few other things.

While I have lost a few things like emails from the last 6 months, I do have orders printed out and backed up on a gmail account. So while I have bee horrible in getting out any orders the last 2 months, I haven't lost any that I know of.

Right now we are trying to find fruit worth saving seeds from for many of the new varieties I tried to grow this year. With all the greenhouse and weather issues we had this year decent fruit has been very late. Some stuff is mostly mature green that I hope will have at least some decent seeds.

One important thing -- DON'T order Indian Stripe from me. The seeds are mixed with an unknown red. I will take it off my site but I haven't found the files or FTP program yet. For those few that have ordered it recently I will refund for it.

I hope to have new stuff listed by Thanksgiving but will probably still have more "in process" at that time.

Sorry about all the delays with orders lately.

Carol
Old November 23, 2011   #126
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

OK, update -- I've finally gotten ALL my orders in the mail.

At least all the computer orders. There is 1 order that was mailed in that I can't find. Crummy beat up rural mailbox. Some times things fall out as the door doesn't close decent. Then the wind takes it.

I don't have a record of that order either as that is on the computer that DIED.

So if you happen to be waiting on an order and don't get something by early next week please give me an email or message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be adding a new-to-me page on my web site soon. Not as much this year.

That will be a temp update as I want to make the site easier to find things. I will do an alphabetical listing with about 30 listings +- / page. It will take a while to do so I'll leave the site the way it is til I have the new pages all put together.

If you need anything before I get stuff up, be sure to just give me an email.

Thanks for bearing with me thru an awful year. I hope 2012 will be better for all of us.

Carol
Old January 2, 2012   #127
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

Carol:

Wanted to let you know that the Brandywine Cowlick's you sent germinated in just 5 days. Thanks, I look forward to growing out this variety and hope production exceeds the typical Brandywine

VCScott
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2012   #128
greyghost
Tomatovillian™

Carol, love the Kozula collection descriptions! Different colors and stripes, especially the ones on the low germ specials page--they sound like beautiful
tomatoes!
greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2012   #129
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Thanks,

The Kozula varieties are from a breeder in Poland. I should have a few more varieties up next year and hopefully better germinating seeds for those already up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are done drying seeds but I still have about a dozen germination tests to do, tho I expect those will also be on the LG page is they are above 60%.

Too many things planted way late this year due to the greenhouse issues last spring.

And now it's almost time for me to start planting my new stuff.

I have well over 200 new-to-me varieties. But I will probably have to cut that down to about 100 - 150 or I'll never be able to collect them all this fall.

Carol
Old February 3, 2012   #130
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Just a bit of a "heads up".

We finally booked a vacation trip. It will be the first vacation in 5 years. We leave 2/14/12 early in the morning and will be back late 2/23. To Cancun !!

So if you will need seeds before the end of Feb, get your order in this week. I will do my best to get all orders out before we leave but I can't promise if you order after next Friday.

This wasn't the timing I had hoped for but Hubby had kept himself busy during the time I had wanted to go.

Thanks for understanding we need the get away.

Carol
Old February 3, 2012   #131
puttgirl
Tomatovillian™

Have a good time, Carol!
puttgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2012   #132
greyghost
Tomatovillian™

Carol, I hope you'll have a great time!! We've been there twice and I'd love to go again (if we didn't have so many elderly equines/pets on meds).
You'll love the color of the ocean and the white sand. Darlene
greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2012   #133
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Oh I know, we've been there 4 or 5 times before tho not in 8-10 years now.

I do love the water there. I'm a water nut and love wave hopping and snorkeling. We are staying at the bottom of the 7 where we just have to walk around the point and we can snorkel.

We'll probably rent a car after the first few days and go exploring on our own. My Spanish stinks, but I can usually get by.

Carol
Old February 4, 2012   #134
Granite26
Tomatovillian™

How great! Hope you have a fantastic trip. Leave the farm behind and out of your mind and enjoy yourselves
Granite26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2012   #135
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Enjoy your trip! We've got the kids passport applications waiting to get their pictures, we're planning on taking them down that way next year.

I usually have to get away from the Wisconsin winter in Feb or March, but it's been rather hard to complain about it this year.
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote