Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK
|
|
September 2, 2020 | #1 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Squibbs Salsa
This is what I use and I got nice reviews from people.
12 Cups diced tomatoes, drained and add a splash of lime juice and salt and let drain 7.5 c diced onions, I use walla walla and red onions. 8.5 C peppers I use mostly hot peppers like Hungarian, Bianca, Serrano, Apache or whatever I have 2.5 Cups diced Cillantro... I like it 1.5 cups lime juice. bottled .5 cups vinegar 24 ounces of tomato paste 28 ounces tomato puree. canned cumin to taste 1 oz california chile powder 2 oz Hot new Mexico chile powder salt to taste. I add half the diced tomatoes at the tail end of the cooking, they are more chunky and don't break down. I use a vidalia chopper on all veggies. I can with a pressure canner. This yeilds about 2.5-3 gallons of salsa.... give or take on cooking time. I cook on a simmer and bubble for about 75 minutes. |
September 3, 2020 | #2 |
Tomatovillian™
|
Sounds good, maybe I'll make some this year after all. I'll have to look up a vidalia chopper, never heard of that. You can in pints? 10 lb for 10min? I also pressure can salsa but I forget the specifics.
|
September 3, 2020 | #3 |
Tomatovillian™
|
I use quarts or whatever I have.
|
September 11, 2020 | #4 |
|
How to disable avatar?
Hello i am new user and i would to ask you, How to disable avatar?
|
September 18, 2020 | #5 | |
Tomatoville® Administrator
|
Quote:
You can't. And you've posted this question in several forums which leads me to think you're a spammer, testing out the waters here.
Mischka One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress. Whenever you visit my grave, say to yourselves with regret but also with happiness in your hearts at the remembrance of my long happy life with you: "Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail. |
|
September 18, 2020 | #6 |
Tomatovillian™
|
I guess they just learned one way to get the avatar disabled...
|
|
|