Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1, 2021   #1
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Default Start S F1

I thought I'd begin a thread for those growing Start S F1, thanks to the generosity of MrBig46 and also RJGlew for the seeds and distribution.

I started 6 seeds on 3-21 in Burpee Organic Seed Starting Mix. (I like it, but it runs out of nutrients really fast, and I think the nutrients have changed over the years that I've used it.) I got 50% germination from this particular batch of seeds. I selected the best plant and discarded the other two due to lack of space. It is the second tallest plant in the picture (left container, right rear) -- the tallest is Sun Orange cherry. Start S appears to be a very good grower at this stage. I transplanted it into sifted Miracle-Gro potting mix + added perlite, and will transplant at least one more time before hopefully setting it out in mid-May. It will likely go into a 15-gal Gro-Bag.

I will update this as the season goes on, and hope that others growing it will contribute their experiences, also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tomatoes 3-21.jpg (170.6 KB, 331 views)
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote