Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 13, 2015   #1
Mallory
Tomatovillian™

Default Need advice on treating this disease

I think this is Septoria but not sure, what do you think?

Can anyone who has dealt with this tell me what product worked the best for you to treat this? Right now I am alternating spraying daconil, serenade, and copper (at least once per week and more if it rains), and removing infected leaves. It is still spreading pretty rapidly though...

I believe a nursery sold me infected plants... because all of the plants I started from seed that are planted over 100ft away from these look fine. And ALL 36 of the plants from the nursery are infected. It is so frustrating because I try to do everything right, mulch, remove lower branches, water from the bottom, etc.

Mallory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2015   #2
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

I've never had or seen that, but a good image search makes me think your probably look at bacterial speck. Has it been cool and wet there?

Treatment options vary, but, I would remove and trash infected leaves and spray with copper. It is considered acceptable in organic gardening and has an OMRI listing.

Dewayne Mater
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote