Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 13, 2010   #1
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Default Black Krim wonderful

This plant was wonderful in the heat this summer, just saw this beauty dieing now. with great new fruit.

FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2010   #2
g8shot1
Tomatovillian™

I completely agree. Our Black Krim's are looking very similar to yours. We're hoping they at least blush before the first frost. We probably have 40-50 fruit trying to ripen.
Old September 14, 2010   #3
fortyonenorth
Tomatovillian™

Can anyone comment on the relationship b/t Black Krim and Noir de Crimee? Are they, in fact, related?

I grew BK last year and NC this year. BK was bigger (up to a pound) and better tasting, in my opinion. NC was about half the size, prolific, strong growing and utterly disease free. Other than being "black" I don't recognize any real similarities - albeit 2009 and 2010 offered very different growing conditions.
fortyonenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2010   #4
frdmfrc
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyonenorth View Post
Can anyone comment on the relationship b/t Black Krim and Noir de Crimee? Are they, in fact, related?
I'd be interested in other's thoughts here as well. I ordered seeds this year and they are called "Noire de Crimee, Black Krim."
frdmfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2010   #5
Tania
Tomatovillian™

In my experience Noire de Crimee and Black Krim are different. Noire de Crimee fruit is smaller (up to 8 oz, average 6 oz) and matures a bit earlier. Both taste great for me, but if you are looking for larger fruit then Black Krim is a choice!

My seeds for both varieties were from reputable seed sources: Sandhill and West Coast Seeds.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote