Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 23, 2016   #46
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Love the doxie,miss mine who was over 18 years old.We lost in 1997 and I still miss her.Looking at pictures of her right now.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2016   #47
pixlpush
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp1953 View Post
Love the doxie,miss mine who was over 18 years old.We lost in 1997 and I still miss her.Looking at pictures of her right now.
18 years old is a pretty good go, they're sweet little animals. I hope this didn't make you too sad and your pictures are making remember all the good times with her.

Our first was a wedding gift for my wife. I didn't really want a dog but she grew up with them. I gave her a collar with a name tag on our wedding night. I loved that little guy so much he won me over. His name was Bob he and Tim would have made a good team. It's mornings like today that I really miss him. Bob liked to sleep in, Tim is up at 4:30 AM and wants us to be too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1179.JPG (235.5 KB, 62 views)
pixlpush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2016   #48
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Ours was a black and tan long hair,your picture looks like my daughter's mini black and tan.My other daughter has a red brindle and long hair dapple.Thanks for the picture,sure do miss her but she gave so much love and happiness.Really are great dogs.
Old July 23, 2016   #49
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

My neighbor has had two of them one passed.
They never get to run and frolic or even stay outside or do anything I hope they are happy.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2016   #50
pixlpush
Tomatovillian™

I love planting the plants, I love watching them grow, but most of all I love delivering them to my best friends with Tim. Our first weekend delivery! I have a dream that when I retire in Portland Oregon that I'll be the guy with the cargo bike delivering tomatoes door to door at cost dachsunds in tow. A man can dream can't he?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Jul 24, 3 07 10 PM.jpg (344.0 KB, 45 views)
Old July 24, 2016   #51
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

That is one cute dog,I hope that day in Portland comes soon for you.I have the same dream in a way,as a cyclist of 36 years with one new knee replacement(March 18,2016) and the other a few months away I hope to keep riding when I retire in a couple years.
Old July 29, 2016   #52
pixlpush
Tomatovillian™

Good haul this morning, they're really coming in now. I'm taking them a little early to keep them out of the local critters mouths. A couple of 1.25 pounders in there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040659.jpg (338.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg P1040678.jpg (220.8 KB, 27 views)
Old July 29, 2016   #53
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlpush View Post
I love planting the plants, I love watching them grow, but most of all I love delivering them to my best friends with Tim. Our first weekend delivery! I have a dream that when I retire in Portland Oregon that I'll be the guy with the cargo bike delivering tomatoes door to door at cost dachsunds in tow. A man can dream can't he?
Minus the "retire in Portland OR" substitute Dachshunds with Pugs and I share the dream! I have been looking online for battery assisted cargo bikes, amazing the technology they have these days. I love to see your photos as they are so well taken. Please keep posting,
Jeff
dokutaaguriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2016   #54
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

I just noticed your thread: Your tomatos / garden look great, but TIM steals the show. What a precious dog.

I love him guarding the seedlings, tucked under the sheets, and ready to go on deliveries with his harness. What a cutey!
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote