Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old August 12, 2006   #1
Woodenzoo
Tomatovillian™

Default Lithuanian

This one outdid the Campbell's on taste. Really tangy! Though it was the first fruit and I've heard that the taste may change with later fruit...

The flip sides... (I've had to start picking them early so the squirrels don't get 'em first, though I didn't get to the one on the right soon enough to prevent that splitting from watering problems!)

Really is pretty juicy :wink:...

I'm still waiting on the Box Car Willie (which I think I've got the faux...), Earl's Faux (the squirrels go for those before they even think about turning red!) and the Anna Russian (that has had a very hard life and just now setting fruit!)...and maybe the Lucky Cross, White Tomesol, the wintersown Mortgage Lifter, GMG... Will be sure to share as many pics as I can of each and any others that surprise me! (j/k :wink
Cathy
Woodenzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2006   #2
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Cathy,

very nice looking tomatoes!

My Lithuanian is much more flattened and a bit ribbed too - not sure if mine is a real thing, but it is PL, as it should be...

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2006   #3
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Lithuanian

Looking great. I have a bit of variable shape with Lithuanian but essentially got the same thing as you. I really enjoyed the flavour, typically that of a large pink PL. I would have no hesitation growing it again. Strong plant with good yield too. Are you still getting them?
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote