Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old May 6, 2015   #1
augiedog55
Tomatovillian™

Default growing hydropnic tomatoes in 3 gallon containers

I finally fired yp my new urban farms growing system. It has 10 3 gallon planters and a 50 gallon holding tank. I've never tried growing this way before but this yr Im doing alot of bucket list things and will be gone a week to 10 days a time.This way they will stayed fed and watered while I'm away.. Ive tried the Texas Tomato Food for the last two yrs in my smart pots and it was great, so Im hoping for the same results with their system and fertilizer. Groweing in rockwool seems aweful strage to me...lol. I'm growing, Fred Limbaugh, Rebel Yell, Dixiewine, Prudents purple, Kellogs Breakfast,Purple Haze,Carbon,Amazon Chocolate,Big Cheef andBear Claw. I'll keep you guys updated on their progress.

Last edited by augiedog55; May 6, 2015 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling
augiedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2015   #2
Elagrow
Tomatovillian™

not sure I would do DWC and leave them un-attended for 10 day's at a time. you might be better off running the smart pots, and setting up some drip emitters on a timer while you are out.